DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Responsible for providing oversight, management, and focus to field programs and field program staff who oversee national, regional, and community security programs. This position actively engages in the development of policies, strategy, plans and products to enhance program development, partner relationships; maintains and tracks the progress of existing programs and assists in the implementation of new security programs. This position serves an intermediary component between the field-based operational program staff and the Assistant Deputy Director of Operations.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree, PLUS a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in Security Risk Management, Law Enforcement, Public Safety Administration, United States Armed Forces OR equivalent combination of professional work experience, training and education. Preferred qualifications include prior supervisory and managerial experience
- Excellent program/project management skills and experience, and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation experience at all ranges from executive to lay-person levels
- Excellent leadership, problem-solving as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Minimum of two (2) years personnel management of a team of 5 or more
- Knowledge of incident and emergency management communication procedures and protocols
- Knowledge of FEMA/DHS National Interoperability requirements in relation to Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Ability to design, develop and implement Emergency Operation Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, Organizational Policies, and Client Products
- Skilled in designing, developing, interpreting and applying directives
- Ability to work under extremely stressful situations and handle multiple tasks over an extended period of time.
- Strong experience in data analysis, as well as the ability to report results in a clear, concise manner in order to achieve a desirable outcome
- Ability to communicate in verbal, written or electronic formats in a concise and grammatically correct manner
- Ability to make independent and accurate decisions in difficult matters with tact and courtesy.
- Skilled in utilizing professional judgment in dealing with entities from all sectors as well as other professionals in the field of law enforcement, intelligence and emergency management
- Proficient in the development and implementation of operational planning, policies, protocols and procedures
- Strong report writing, presentation design and public speaking skills are a must
- Excellent computer skills (preferably Mac) including Microsoft Office suite as and Adobe Pro, as well as the ability to learn new computer-based applications
- Preferred experience in business development
- Experience in drafting, reviewing, tracking and implementing program budgets
Travel will be required and may involve coverage, to include areas outside the immediate region to support significant events or incident response for an extended period with little advance notice. Ability to respond after-hours and be placed “on-call”, as necessary.
This position may be designated as essential personnel. Essential personnel must be able to serve during continuity of operation events without regard to declarations of liberal leave or government/organizational closures due to weather, protests, natural or manmade incidents.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 6-9 years of experience.